Monday, September 2, 2013

HERRINGBONE COWL






I had two skeins of this striking aqua Manos Del Uruguay merino wool and knew exactly what I wanted to do with it: the Big Herringbone Cowl from the Purl Bee. The Herringbone stitch is just so pretty. Elegant, subtle, and the bright color of the wool only highlighted the stitch in the best way. It's so soft and snuggly that it's already a staple in my wardrobe –– I just have to sit next to the AC in order to enjoy it. Happy September everybody, fall is soon on it's way.

I changed the pattern ever-so-slightly to make it a little snugger around my neck, which actually turned out juuust perfect since I kind of winged it. Like the Purl Bee, I cast on 220 stitches except on size US 13 (9.0 mm) 40" circular needles and followed the pattern the rest of the way. My cowl ended up measuring at 14" thick by the time I ran out of yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment